Friday, November 5, 2010

Journal 7: My Personal Learning Network NETS -T 5

In journal 7 we had the opportunity of meeting educators through Twitter. I met with educators from Connecticut and New Jersey and many more people. I also added educators to my delicious account. Then I wrote a reflection of who I added and why I added them. I described the great experience I had in the chat meeting as well. It was very interesting.



My personal learning network is combined with a twitter, delicious, and Educator’s account. These accounts convey an informative world of educators who share their knowledge. When educator share their knowledge it is easier for teachers to teach, and for students to learn and collaborate with other students as well. As a teacher my PLN will help me to know different ways to help my students study and learn in a classroom environment. Through the network I will be able to learn from teachers, students, and my community.

In my Twitter account, I added other people to my network in order to learn from them. The people who I added were people who are dedicated to the world of education. The sections that I searched were education and landed on elemchat. The topic that was discussed was what are your favorite tech tools for the classroom. Topic: What are your favorite tech tools for the classroom.Some of the tools mentioned were the DreamBox , dashboard, but internet access is needed. A mom mentioned that her daughter plays at home 15 minutes a day, and at school twice a week in the lab. Other tools mentioned were, Skype and Mixbooks, www.sitepal.com for voice, and voki. Through the Twitter chat I also realized how popular it is to teachi with Macs I also learned that Diigo.com is similar to delicious.com

For my Delicious account one of the people who I elected was Jedipooh. Jedipoo, in addition to be very involved with his delicious account he is into computers which is great for me! I need to stay in the technology side! Things are moving fast and I need to keep up. He will be a good search engine for me regards technology. The other people who I chose were also very involved in tagging in the education such as new ways to teach students to listen and much more.

In the Educator’s website I found a great contributor named John Burrell. John seems like a very dedicated educator who keeps up with the education updates as far as teaching. On October 31, John posted a blog called Flip-Thinking. The title seemed very interesting to me and what I found out from the post was even more interesting. The direct url to his blog is http://edupln.com/profile/JohnBurrell. I recommend other students and educators to read his postings because as I mentioned he is a dedicated person to his career. The way that John explained how the Flip-Thinking works in his classroom. Teaching our kids first in class and reiterating the information with homework or an activity to take home is a great way to keep the students warm on the subject. The best way to make sure that your students learned the information is by asking them a few questions after the homework is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment