Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Introducing Nancy Aguayo

Today I am Nancy Aguayo, but for 21 years I was Nancy Valtierra. I am happily married with my husband. Since I was four to my senior year I was in a little town called Borrego Springs. I grew up in this little town in where everybody knows everybody. You can’t keep any secrets from anybody! I love that town because it is so quiet and away from the city. I graduated and came to San Marcos after the rejection from UC Redlands. I believe in that “things happen for a reason.” I think I was rejected from UC Redlands because CSUSM was destined to be my school. I love CSUSM! I have attributes and I can say they are the following: not a genius, but yet hard working, generous, but yet don’t agree with young men and women using their children to beg for money, ambitious, yet highly motivated. I like to smile to life because you never know when the last day will be. My mom, husband, and family are my motive to be a better person.

Well….in regards computers, I hate them! Not literally, but lately I have been having a lot of trouble with my hp computer and it is only three years old. I have many viruses problems. I had not found a computer that was for me, until I met MAC’s! Last week when I was introduced to them I was astonished of how simple, but yet magnificent! Since I don’t have one, I always look forward to work with one once a week until I can get my own. On the other hand, I love cameras, but I just don’t like transferring them to my computer because that takes a lot of time from me. By far my favorite technology piece is my Sirius Radio because it’s awesome! I had an old one, but this new one has a mini sd card which I can put the music that I like. In addition to the sd card I can also save songs that I hear in the radio. I use this radio at work, at home, in my car, when I work out, basically everywhere!


The following quote is the part that most speaks to my conscience and personality “…diversity, educational equity, and social justice,…” I believe that one of main reasons why there is so much violence now a day, not just in individual homes, in the market, institutions, or even countries vs countries is because of the lack of diversity and tolerance. Diversity and equality should start in individual homes. It is ideal to start in schools so that later these children can take this out in schools and later to their jobs so that there can be more than just violence. The mission statement is straight forward in that they want to get the best from educators. So that later on, these educators can give the best of them to their students. Education has a big influence as a whole in an individual because at the long run throughout their lives, teachers and parents are the most important influence in every student’s life.

1 comment:

  1. Diversity was also the one thing that attracted me to the COE's mission statement. Considering that we live in San Diego where its a melting pot of different cultures, training teachers to encounter a wide variety of student backgrounds is important tool to allow us to have empathy for our students and where they come from.

    ReplyDelete