Monday, September 20, 2010

Journal 3---"Enhance Your Twitter Experience," by Shannon McClintock Miller. NETS-T (2)

Twitter doesn’t just stop in where you build your contact list, there is a lot more. A very important fact about Twitter is knowing how to manage it. Learning how to manage Twitter can make your life much easier! Enhancing it like the title of this journal says is the best way to make your Twitter experience the best. When your account become crazy and overcrowded is when you don’t have any organization and many tweets. That is why columns exist. Columns help the account holder manage their twits with its followers and the people who you follow.

From the percentages described in the article which one are you least content with?

I believe that everybody has the right to manage their Twitter account however they want to. I believe that I can tweet as much or as little as I want to, it’s a personal right. For that reason I don’t agree with the 10% stated that should be invested in personal our lives. I believe t hat our lives shouldn’t be run by percentages and statistics.  I imagine I am not the only one that thinks this way. Twitter is another networking in where you make friends as well just like Facebook, so it doesn’t mean you can’t show that you have a personal life  in Twitter.

What can you obtain in Twitter that you can’t in Facebook?

This questions connects to my last statement from the last paragraph. You can have a personal life, and you can manage your Twitter account they way you want to, but there are some advantages in Twitter that you can’t have in Facebook. Twitter offers a chain of contacts that can lead you and help you to gain experience talking to people in which you are interested in. Facebook doesn’t have that professional side, like Twitter does. It’s easier to manage your professional side of you in a Twitter account rather than in Facebook. In any way I am putting Facebook down. I love Facebook and I love my personal life.  I can still have a personal life  in both accounts, but in regards my professional life, Twitter does help me manage that part better than any other network. 


Miller, Shannon M. "Enhance Your Twitter Experience." Learning & Leading with Technology (L&L). ISTE, June 2010. Web. 24 Sept. 2010. <http://www.learningandleading-digital.com/learning_leading/20100607?pg=14&search_term=join%20the%20flock&search_term=join%20the%20flock#pg16>.

No comments:

Post a Comment